Tuesday 18 January 2011

Breakfast at Tiffany's is Fifty!

Old School Glamour for 2011...

“You could always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you." 
Holly Golightly - Breakfast at Tiffany’s




Breakfast at Tiffany’s was the order of the day for our recent Christmas holiday.  Escaping the ice and snow en route to Heathrow, we checked in and tucked in to birthday danish’s and coffee a la Holly Golightly, opposite TIFFANY & Co. as we waited to board.


As Mr. Dreams frequently checked for the passports and tickets, in the spirit of Breakfast at Tiffany’s, I frequently checked out my new sparkly diamonds in each proud ear.  Dontcha just love birthdays!  The theme continued on the flight.  As Mr. Dreams was in pleasant dreams, I indulged in 115 delicious minutes of Holly, Paul/Fred, Cat and Moon River.  And plenty of Old School Glamour (yes, even in economy).


During the holiday we had the pleasure to meet American Artist and Sculptor, Bill Mack (www.billmack.com)  A noted collector of rare and unusual memorabilia, renowned artist Bill Mack purchased the original HOLLYWOOD sign in 2007 and used the metal facing from the sign as canvas on which he painted the likeness of the great ‘movie stars’ from the Golden Years of Hollywood, including iconic legend, Audrey Hepburn.


So, in my Caribbean chilled out state, I had plenty of lazy days to daydream of a favourite wedding theme of mine, Breakfast at Tiffany’s.  Enjoy...




Wedding party gift




Iced Table Plan

Bridesmaid Inspiration
Pronovias Fiesta 2011 Collection

A pearl alternative to the traditional tiara
Hair by North Western award winning Matt Cox tel 0151 722 6686

Add a splash of colour to your gown with The Peeptoe Glass Slipper in 'Jade' - Full Encrusting


Arrive in style in a New York City Cab

Translate this look to your venue (art galleries, ballrooms) with black and white framed photographs, crystal trees, candelabras, a silent movie projector, and a table plan tree holding guest names and film quotes.  The Tiffany signature box filled with confectionery will complete the look! 

Personalise it: Engagement shoots with wedding photographers are proving very popular.  Why not use Breakfast at Tiffany's inspired black and white shots of you both to hang around your reception?  Go dig out your tiara and pearls!

Fab Idea: Walk down the aisle to Moon River...

What better way to celebrate the film’s 50th anniversary this year…

And last but not least, my favourite quotes.  A fun idea for a table plan!

“I've got to do something about the way I look. I mean a girl just can't go to Sing Sing with a green face”

“That's right. I'm just CRAZY about Tiffany's!”


“I'll tell you one thing, Fred, darling... I'd marry you for your money in a minute. Would you marry me for my money?”


“Did I tell you how divinely and utterly happy I am?”


“You could always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. I must say, the mind reels”


“A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick”


“Promise me one thing: don't take me home until I'm drunk - very drunk indeed”


“Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot”


“It's better to look at the sky than live there. Such an empty place; so vague. Just a country where the thunder goes and things disappear”


“I don't think I've ever drunk champagne before breakfast before. With breakfast on several occasions, but never before, before”
 
With Love x

1 comment: