Saturday 19 March 2011

Lizzie’s Larder Spring Sweetness

It’s great that the cycle of life has seasons and there is always some event or occasion coming up in the calendar that means we have something to share or celebrate; be it a wedding, birthday, Christening, anniversary, or just a gathering of friends and family. What is common to all these events is that people like nothing better than celebrating with cake! That’s where Lizzie's Larder steps in and brings something memorable to the table.


Lizzie has been baking occasion cakes for over seven years now and has been trained at one of the North West’s top patissier, Slattery in Bury. Her credentials are strong having supplied cakes to many restaurants and café’s across Liverpool, including the Quarter, Neighbourhood Café and Delifonseca as well as delivering cakes to museum openings, charity functions and weddings. It is her passion for making occasion cakes that makes Lizzie stand out.


As she explains, “I absolutely love working with people to design and make their perfect cake. I know myself that when I was getting married I wanted my cake to be unique, made only for my day and that’s what most of us want on the special days in our life, so when I make a cake for someone I find out exactly what they want and make it to their specifications. I’ve made a lot of friends in the process because it becomes such a personal thing.”

It’s this dedication to the detail that makes Lizzie unique, creating each individual cake for the client, rather than the client having to choose from a set brochure. This has made for an interesting portfolio of cakes with everything from a Mini Cooper to a lady bursting out of a champagne glass! And what is surprising is that this high quality, personal service does not break your event budget.



“I work from home and have very few overheads, which means I don’t have hidden costs to pass onto the client, they just pay for the cake and the time it takes for me to make it. Plus because I work from home I will always offer to deliver the finished cake to where the client wants, which often helps when they have so many other things to think about.”

To demonstrate Lizzie’s diversity we asked her to suggest cakes to fit occasions in this year’s calendar:

Colin Firth, winning the Oscar for The King’s Speech
A large rich chocolate cake topped with a chocolate Oscar statue.

Comic Relief
Cupcakes with one of Vivienne Westwood’s limited edition designs on top.

The wedding of Kate Middleton and Prince William
A spectacular 4-tier ivory and pearl cake.

London Fashion Week
The ultimate Jimmy Choo chocolate shoe.

The birth of Baby Beckham Number Four
Tower of pretty cupcakes covered in small roses in the hope that Victoria finally gets the daughter she wants!



If you have a special occasion coming up and would like to make it that much sweeter, contact Lizzie at www.lizzieslarder.co.uk or on 07971 830725

No comments:

Post a Comment